RPEQ & QBCC Certified
Same Day Report
High Quality Reports
State of The Art Hardware & Software
Comprehensive Fire Hydrant Commissioning Tests
Fire hydrant commissioning to ‘Australian Standard AS2419.1 – Fire Hydrant Installations’ ensures that the fire hydrant system has been designed and installed correctly, it is one of the final documentations upon completion. The main elements of the test include:
- A hydrostatic test
- A fire pump appliance boost test for the most disadvantaged hydrants
- Testing each fire pump set from the most disadvantaged hydrants
- Measuring the fire tank in-fill rate
- Checking signage, gauges, test points, locks and block plans are installed
- Submitting a Commissioning Report (including Form 71 – Fire Hydrant and Sprinklers System Commissioning)
- Street Hydrant Testing for Building Certification – Form 71
The pump appliance boost test is required for sites with a booster cabinet. It ensures the friction loss is within acceptable limits and allows the fire brigade working pressure to be calculated.
Fire Hydrant Commissioning Report
At HTC, we have built an inhouse software system that enables us to get the report back to our clients within hours, not days. Our detailed fire hydrant commissioning report includes a block plan summary, test location images, test methodology and ‘Form 71 – Fire Hydrant and Sprinklers System Commissioning’. Our qualified technicians can troubleshoot with you while on-site, and make recommendations to resolve problems that arise.
HTC Group can design, print and install block plans complying with ‘Australian Standard AS2419 – Fire Hydrant Installations’. Whether you have .dwg files, .pdf files or nothing at all, we can help.
Tank Infill Flow Measurement – Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The flow through a pipe can be measured and logged from the pipe externally without interfering with the flow internally or needing to discharge the water to the atmosphere. This is ideal for measuring fire tank infill rates, conducting leak detection investigations and logging process flows.